[Coco] Re: RSDOS TRACEON

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Fri Apr 9 20:40:10 EDT 2004

> I seem to remember that POKE 359,57 will prevent redirection of output to
> the printer from being undone after each statement.  I also remember that
> it disables the saving of anything in Ascii format, though a file will
> APPEAR to have been saved correctly, so it is advisable to cold start
> before saving anything.  So, that poke together with POKE 111,254 should
> do the trick, if the second poke alone doesn't work.

Indeed this might help. The 359,57 was good for several things, e.g.
preventing from doing a SCREEN 0 after each OK. It can be restored by
placing  a JMP again (POKE359,126). AFAIR a 359,57 will disable the
SOUND timer so a SOUND command will last forever. There were some
disadvantages for disc IO too, I think it will stop automatically
CLOSEing files.

Torsten