[Coco] CASM V3.0 Now Available

secure at ytunnelpro.com secure at ytunnelpro.com
Fri Apr 9 17:41:18 EDT 2004

On 4/9/2004, "Roger Taylor" <rtaylor at bayou.com> wrote:

>I'm not sure what -mod does or what you mean by shared modules (on the
>CoCo), but I'm interested in learning more.

The -mod generates a loadable shared module similar to a .dll file. The
format isn't finalized yet but it does include a basic header, list of
exported symbols with address, and a load address specified by a
starting MMU block and the starting address. I had originally started
implementing it got KAOS but it never made it's way into the archive.

The file format is being expanded and once the ROF support is finished
will include a list of offsets for relocation adjustment allowing it to
be loaded into any address. I'm working on an option now to specify a
relocatable shared module and leave it up to the developer to make sure
it's actually relocatable as well as exporting the entry points as
ordinals to save space as well as a source package to load and use the
modules by mapping them to $e000-$fe00 only when called.

...Chet...