[Coco] Re: RSDOS TRACEON

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Fri Apr 9 15:27:12 EDT 2004

> She writes code in DECB and when she is debugging she uses the TRACEON
> command. Her problem is that it scrolls by so fast that she can't use it's
> output very well. Is there a way to have that output go to a printer?

Hmm... I darkly remember a single POKE which redirected some screen
output to the printer... Wasn't that something like e.g. POKE111,254:DIR
? (Haven't done that since at least 15 years... ;-)). I don't know if
this works for TRACEON too, but a POKE111,254:TRACEON:RUN might work.
Probably you have to bend a BASIC RAM hook or patch the ROM in
All-RAM-Mode to prevent the location "111" from being reset to "0"
(screen output).

Someone out there who could try that out on a real machine?

Torsten