[Coco] files from Linux-x86 to OS9 L1?

David dbree at duo-county.com
Sun Apr 4 22:58:35 EDT 2004

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 02:19:38PM -0500, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:
> See: http://www.nitros9.org/dsk.html
>
> I would recommend a real 360K 5.25" floppy drive, and not a 1.2MB drive.

Or better yet, install a 3.5" on the Coco.

If all you would want to do is transfer Coco->PC, the 1.2MB should get
you by.  I have a 1.2 on my PC and it READS satisfactorily.  I've never
tried writing, however, and probably would not work.

> On Apr 4, 2004, at 1:11 PM, Kevin Diggs wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >	What are the methods I can use to transfer files between L1 on a
> >	deuce
> >and a Linux box? One of my Linux boxes has a 5 1/4 HD drive. I don't
> >have a
> >cable for the built in port. But I do have an LR Tech super I/O board
> >that has,
> >among other things, a pair of serial ports with standard connectors.
> >Don't recall
> >whether it included L1 drivers.

Serial port might be the easiest way.  If the LR Tech board uses the
same chip as the RS Serial Pak, I'd think that all that would have to be
done would be to rewrite a standard /t? device descriptor for the RS Pak
to where it would point to the IO address one of the chips in the IO
board.

To do direct serial transfers, I suppose you realize that you'll need
either a special cable or else (easiest) a null modem adaptor.  To
establish a connection, the simplest setup would be to install rzsz onto
the coco, start up tsmon, and then log in from the Linux box using
minicom.  To download from the coco, all you have to do is issue the
command "sz <filename>" on the coco (from minicom), and it will
automatically be received by the PC, and to upload, just start an upload
from the PC and it will automatically be received by the coco.