[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Monitor

Rodney V Hamilton Rodney_Hamilton at GBRonline.com
Fri Apr 2 18:01:08 EST 2004

In article <c4knd1+8ecl at eGroups.com>,
chazbeenhad at hotmail.com says...

>I would really like to get a hold of a Magnavox 8CM515. Doesn't that
>monitor do composite video and RGB???
>
>-Charlie

Yes it does, plus RGBI (TTL digital, aka CGA.)
I've used one since I got my first coco3 in 1986.
Every color composite monitor I've seen has a better
display than Tandy's low-resolution CM8.

I also have a CM8764 with composite and digital only,
with the CoCo3's RGB driving the RGBI input -- it works
just fine except that I only get 8 colors, of course.
But that's OK since I mainly use the hardware text modes.

Rodney Hamilton (in Fern Park FL, btw)