[Coco] Glenside IDE Boards price reduced and for sale at the show.

Mark Marlette mmarlett at isd.net
Fri Apr 2 00:02:34 EST 2004

At 09:55 PM 4/1/2004 -0600, you wrote:

Brian,

Don't forget Boisy.....His software is top notch.

Took a 1GHZ P4 just under 2 1/2 minutes to route the board. That doesn't
sound like a long time but in the autorouter world it is. :) We are running
8mil traces with 8 mil clearance . This as dense as a 2 layer board can
get. SuperBoard will be 4-8 layers based upon the findings of the SuperIDE
Interface.

We are benchmarking and documenting the Compact Flash cards. Amazing the
speed difference in them. On a DSKINI the speed ranges from 3.85 seconds to
33.53!

Solid state drives tucked away in a standard size case. The design hits the
board house tomorrow.

The design enhancements learned here on this design were crucial to the
success of the SuperBoard. Major software and hardware accomplishments
here. This board is CoCo1-CoCo3 compliant as well! This is done via a
configuration jumper so the CPLD so it knows the memory map.

Our board is software compliant to the Glenside but that is it. Internally
the IDE section is different along with the additional Compact Flash
socket, 64kx8 byte FLASH and the RTC.

Mark
Cloud-9