[Coco] speaking of HDB-DOS...

x0remery at dsbmail.itg.ti.com x0remery at dsbmail.itg.ti.com
Sun Apr 4 03:21:10 EDT 2004

Boisy (or Mark, but this is more of a software Q),
I need a surefire way to detect if a CoCo3 is running HDB or RGB-DOS.
Currently I'm just PEEKing at the "HARD DISK BASIC" banner in memory.
Is this the same location/message for any version?
Is this likely to change in the future?

I'm making a unified installation disk for Color FOG which will determine the
correct
version to install (HDB vs. RSDOS) but currently all I have to go by is Robert
Gault's
emulator version of RGBDOS. One of my goals with FOG is user-friendliness, which
means asking the user as few questions as possible.

Thanks,
Bob