[Coco] gcc-coco revisited

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Fri Oct 31 21:52:08 EST 2003

In a message dated 10/31/03 12:18:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dbree at duo-county.com writes:

> >I'd also like to see
>  > some soft-float support in there.  Anyone here know the IEEE standard?
>
>  From glancing through the files, I thought this was already set up.  If
>  not, we definitely need this.

I know that the OS-K (68K) C compiler, as supplied with the MM/1 (OSK v2.4)
supports IEEE floating format and double precision.

But I vaguely seem to recall that the 6809 C is not IEEE standard compliant
(predates the standard, and anyway single precision is good enough for games).

You might want to give the user the options -- fast, efficient, small floats,
or full-blown IEEE 64-bit standard, whatever the cost.  --Mike K.