[Coco] gcc-coco revisited

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Fri Oct 31 11:22:01 EST 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 KnudsenMJ at aol.com wrote:

> If there *is* a back end to GCC++ that can not only output 6809 code, but can
> be optioned to do it PIC or not (for L2 or RSDOS, see my other posting), then
> maybe GCC is worth pursuing.  Don't know how, if ever, 6309 extensions could
> be provided, either by Microware C or GCC.  --Mike K.

I'm certain it (gcc) can be made to produce PIC code, if it doesn't
already.  I guess the only way to find out is to test it. :)

Not having written the machine description myself, I can't say that it
does or doesn't, and I'm not too familiar with the syntax for them.  It's
a sort of pseudo-assembly.

gcc could definitely support the 6309, with the right machine description.

James