[Coco] Re: Booting DS disks and JV emulators

Nathan Woods npwoods at cybercom.net
Tue Oct 28 19:40:08 EST 2003

"Roger Taylor" <rtaylor=PxLtF3lD1iAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote
in message news:<5.1.0.14.0.20031027120748.01c3ed90 at pop.bayou.com>...
> That's what I thought.
>
> However, such a disk could not be copied directly do a real floppy, so

> in
> my application where I will allow various disk sizes to be created and

> mounted in M.E.S.S., I will simply create one using imgtool.exe which
can
> be DSKINI.EXE'd to a real disk (hopefully), then create a second copy
with
> the "JVC" header, and mount that one.

In theory, there is no reasons DSKINI.EXE could be extented to support
JVC headers.

At one point, I've actually looked into adding real floppy disk support
to Imgtool, and I've actually found the Win32 APIs that are supposed to
do direct floppy disk access.  This was until I found out that Win2000
doesn't seem to like 5 1/4 drives, including tools like DSKINI.EXE which
do not seem to work.