[Coco] Re: M.E.S.S. other 6809-based systems?

Nathan Woods npwoods at cybercom.net
Tue Oct 28 19:40:00 EST 2003

"Roger Taylor" <rtaylor=PxLtF3lD1iAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote
in message news:<5.1.0.14.0.20031028015420.01c3bf28 at pop.bayou.com>...
> Could someone who's been in the computer world longer than me,
> *please*
> visit www.geocities.com/messroms and tell me what systems besides the
CoCo
> and Dragon are 6809-based?  I am eager to add other systems to the
M.E.S.S.
> launcher of my IDE.

In Win32 MESS, you can examine this yourself by going into the MESS GUI
and clicking on the CPU folder in the left side panel and clicking on
the M6809 subfolder.

The answer is that other than the CoCo family of systems, MESS only
supports two other 6809 systems:

 - Vectrex
 - Commodore SP9000 (but in this case, the 6809 seems to be a mere
coprocessor)

> During testing, I discovered that the imgtool.exe in M.E.S.S. 074b is
> producing bad JVC images.  77K for SS35 ?  No Way.  So I pointed my
IDE at
> the imgtool.exe in my 068b directory, and voila.  I have the emulator
path
> pointing to the 074b mess.exe.  I have versions of M.E.S.S. dated back
> year or so.

You should report these bugs in MESS bugzilla; bugs are a lot move
likely to be fixed when they are reported to the MESS developers.

	http://bugzilla.mess.org/

That having been said, a simple 'imgtool.exe create coco_jvc_rsdos
foo.dsk' seems to work for me and creates a properly sized image, but I
am using the CVS version and some major internal overhauls have been
made to floppy and cassette handling and the bug may have been
indirectly fixed by them.