[Coco] Spam

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Sun Oct 19 10:22:00 EDT 2003

At 11:15 AM 10/19/03 -0300, you wrote:
>I am receiving some Spam, similar to the spam I received from the Princeton
>list, but straight from other sources, mainly from a supposed address of
>Microsoft and infected by virus. Of course the amount of spam is lower than
>in the previous list. I only use this address for the coco list, then I
>supposed they took it from Princeton.
>Is somebody having same problem?

Everybody? I get 300-400 copies of that Swen virus every day, and over
1,000 pieces of other spam. But the names on this list are private, there
are only CoCo subscribers, and the addresses are obfuscated on the gmane
news servers. If you're getting spam, it's not from this list.

The only possibility is those who from this list continue to cross-post to
Princeton in response to something you may have posted.

Dennis