[Coco] Possible OS-9 Project

David Hazelton davehazelton at access-4-free.com
Fri Oct 17 00:20:00 EDT 2003

John E. Malmberg wrote:

> So it would be better to provide a library that could interface to both
> X-11/Motif and Microsoft Windows than to try to get to the hardware.  I
> am not sure what Macintosh needs now that their OS is UNIX based.

I believe that the floppy driver for Mac X is just a BSD driver, taken
from MKLINUX. Apple no longer supports internal floppies, since anything
that Apple supports under X doesn't have internal floppy controllers,
just USB floppies.  And of course that driver is not supported, it just
works.  (But I could be wrong, since I don't have X)

~David Hazelton