bio (was Re: [Coco] Cutting Cord)

Bob Devries bdevries at gil.com.au
Mon Oct 13 19:28:00 EDT 2003

OK, here's mine:

Bob Devries
Bellbird Park, Queensland, Australia
Previously Inala, Queensland Australia
Born in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
50 years old.
My first computer was a home built SBC (dream 6800) using a 6800 CPU,
programmed in CHIP8 or hand-assembled 6800 code.
My first COCO was in '81.
Bought a Coco2 (long white) then Coco3 when they came out in '86.
Was vice-president of the local Colour Computer User's group.
Was assistant editor of the Australian OS9 Usergroup Newsletter from '88 to
'94(?)
I've written various utility  programmes (RSDSK, OS9DSK, DISKMASTER), and
collaborated with Don Berrie in a couple of others(CENV, ICONEDIT).
I'm married (have been for >29 years) to Lesley, and have two daughters,
Linda, and Sonja. Both girls are adult, and have left the nest. Linda is
married. No grandkids yet, though.

Regards, Bob Devries; Ipswich, Queensland, Australia