[Coco] Re: Old Color Computer Information

ostro011 ostro011 at umn.edu
Mon Oct 13 14:08:01 EDT 2003

Art, I did a bit more searching and found that there is a site named
computeruser.com that publishes a more generic magazine in a few widely
separated states.  I think it may be a free newspaper-style periodical.  It
claims to have been around since 1982, so it may be the same one, but maybe
changed to a format with broader appeal when Tandy started to go away from
its own line of computers, but this is just a guess.

I sent them an e-mail asking to buy possible back issues of the magazine to
see if it the same as the one issue I have.  I would love to get the entire
set that was published if available, and if more than one issue actually
made it to press.  It's a beautiful issue, so I can't help but feel it must
have had a decent start-up.

-- Steve --

On 13 Oct 2003, Arthur Flexser wrote:
> Thanks, Steve.  Still rings zero bells, though.  Wonder how I managed to
> avoid familiarity with that one.  I gather that the publisher had some
> connection with Tandy, judging from the address.  I remember that Tandy
> did have some sort of publication, maybe called Microcomputer News or
> something like that.  But it was little more than a newsletter, more like
> a dozen pages than 196.
>
> Art
>
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Steve Ostrom wrote:
>
> > Art, here are some of the details:
> >
> > Computer User - For the Tandy/Radio Shack System
> > Premiere Issue $2.95
> > Vol. 1, Issue 1   November 1983
> > Publisher Robert S. Jones
> > Published monthly by McPheters, Wolfe & Jones, Cerritos, CA
> > Copyright 1983 by Interface Age Magazine, Inc.
> > Regional Office : Tandy Center Atrium #550, Fort Worth, TX  76102
> > First issue was 196 pages and William Barden, Jr. was one of the
> > featured contributing editors
> >
> > -- Steve --
> >

> > Arthur Flexser wrote:
> >
> > >Computer User?  I don't remember that one at all.  Was it particularly
> > >focussed on the CoCo?  The name rings zero bells for me.
> > >
> > >Art

> that's

> cable

> "There