[Coco] Using DS disks on JV emulator

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Oct 13 09:30:01 EDT 2003

I've found that only one of these items needs adjustment on my system and that
is the DD.FMT byte on LSN0 of the disk. Changing that from double to single
sided (bit0=0) is the only change needed to read the disk. The other changes
should only be needed to create such a disk with Format.

There is one big caveat with this procedure. The disk still won't be bootable
nor will it be usable under Disk Basic. If you want the disk to boot OS-9, you
will need one more type of boot module added to the list. The new module needs
to look for the kernel not at t34s1 or LSN264 but t68s1 or LSN4C8.