[Coco] Re: Max number of disk drives?

Theodore A. Evans alxevans at concentric.net
Sat Oct 11 18:34:00 EDT 2003

On 10/11/03, Dave Poitras wrote:

> That is correct if you disregard hard drives. You should be able to have 8
> SCSI devices with Cloud-9's interface. I do not remember if the GCC IDE
> card allowed 2 or only 1. I have not tried to use both interfaces
> together. Is it Possible? The B&B set up also allowed for 2 MFM or RLL
> drives.

Remember for those 8 SCSI devices the controller counts as one.  It is
also possible to do some hacking and support up to 15 single sided or
7 double sided floppy drives on a single controller and to do hacks to
permit more than one floppy controller on a single system.

--
Punny Book: Brane Surjery Maid Simpel - Sarah Bellum
Theodore (Alex) Evans            | alxevans at concentric.net
94-1071 Kepakepa St. Unit #C-1   | http://www.concentric.net/~alxevans
Waipahu, HI 96797                | ICQ 78089262
x                                | (808) 676-0123         2B v ~2B = ?