[Coco] News gateways (was Test)

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Fri Oct 10 23:52:00 EDT 2003

In a message dated 10/10/03 3:29:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bathory at maltedmedia.com writes:

> 2. Minimize the AOL 'console' (or whatever it's called).
>  3. Run the newsreader -- and voila! It will use AOL like any other old ISP!
>
>  Same goes for other Internet software. Sign on to AOL, minimize its
>  application interface, and run whatever else you like. They will connect
>  nicely.

Yes, thanks, this has worked for me.  You just need to make sure that Windows
knows to piggyback on the open Internet connection.

This is how I download updates from Norton Anti-Virus, after minimizing the
AOL window.  And I had tested it with IE also, long ago.  Thanks, Mike K.