[Coco] News gateways (was Test)

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Fri Oct 10 15:14:06 EDT 2003

In a message dated 10/9/03 8:28:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, wb8tyw at qsl.net
writes:

>  You have to point your newsreader at the gmane.org server in order to
>  access their groups.  It does not require a password, so it is open to
>  anyone.

Some of us have no idea how to "point" their "newsreader" (which is part of
the ISP package) at anything other than the magic wherever that the ISP uses.

>  I think once a newsreader interface is available, both the former list
>  and newsgroup will be abandoned.

I have no interest in the newsgroup interface -- email works fine for me.
Dennis' reflector seems to be working great, so indeed maybe the Princeton
list can be let go.  However, SOMEONE should monitor it just in case a newbie or
a lost sheep posts to it, so we can gently steer them to Dennis' list.

It's been a while since I've actually opened (read) any spam to see whether
it's via the Coco list.  But clearly the "Hi Coco, what's up?" variety are
coming in that way.
--Mike K.