[Coco] Test of news gateway

John Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Tue Oct 7 22:42:00 EDT 2003

Neil Morrison wrote:
> See
>
> http://freenews.maxbaud.net/newspage.html?date=2003-10-07
>
> for more free posting servers.

Before my broadband supplier added bit.listserv.coco, I looked at those
and others on http://www.google.com.

 From near as what I could tell, the list was way out of date, and most
of the servers listed were clearly ones that did not mean to have public
access enabled.

A spot check of every one that I tested out of the ones that were
clearly not open by a security hole, that claimed to allow postings,
showed that they apparently no longer accessable on the public internet
at all.

After the trend became clear, I gave up on that list.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only