[Coco] Test of news gateway

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Tue Oct 7 21:14:01 EDT 2003

At 09:05 PM 10/7/03 -0400, John E. Malmberg wrote:
>I do not see your test message on either of the two newservers that I
>have direct access to.

So it appears. :(

>I can send you (or anyone else) the algorithm for my moderator program
>if you wish, but I am sure that you probably have your own ideas and
>have probably more experience at it, since this was my first attempt.

I don't have more experience -- but I do use a good hosting service, where
I've been for seven years (pair Networks at pair.com).

Here is my problem: I do not have access to a news server that is open. The
service I use (onlynews.com) is username/password protected, and I've yet
to figure out how to configure the pairList program to incorporate this in
their news gateway.

If you (or anyone on this new list) knows of a good free-access news
server, please let me know and I'll see if I can gate it that way.

Dennis