[Coco] MPI thoughts and questions?

jimcox at miba51.com jimcox at miba51.com
Mon Oct 27 09:48:01 EST 2003

I believe someone out there has built their own version of
the MPI with 7 slots.  Can anyone clarify this?  Is it a
homebrew system or did someone once build a 7 slot MPI.

I know that the sound cartrage has a very old PIC
processor in it. Does anyone else know of any other
cartrages that have processors in them?

Reason why I ask is for my long term CoCo project, I've
narrowed it down to either networking or robotics.  For a
Networking project, I am wondering if I could use the MPI
bus to interface a Ethernut card.  For robotics, would do
the same thing, but with HC11 cards.

In both cases, the CoCo would act more like a terminal and
the other processors would do most of the work.

Any thoughts, comments, or interested parties?  I shelved
any idea of the HAM project due to restrictions on
attnenas where I live.

Jim