[Coco] IDE moving forward->>

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Fri Oct 24 01:38:00 EDT 2003

I believe it was sometime last year when I brought up an idea or a dream I
had where the CoCo programmer could do everything from one program, an
integrated development environment they call it, from A to Z or most of it,
anyway.  One idea was to provide a graphical environment that looks exactly
like a real CoCo system on your PC screen.  Although that part of it is
more of an emulation issue, the other idea is coming true.  Whether you're
emulating a CoCo or not, your built software is ready to run on ANY
CoCo.  The builds are super fast, spitting out a virtual floppy or a ROM
for you in a second or two.

The workname is Portal-9.  This IDE for Windows has been in development for
about 4 days now and is moving closer to my goal rather quickly.  I'm
putting almost every resource I have for Windows development, and the HLA
language, into this system.  It is starting to look like most typical IDEs
except since CCASM is the only assembler allowed, it will integrate that
part in automatically.  Since M.E.S.S. is the only emulator supported, the
IDE will work with it allowing you to go from source to running with no
interruptions inbetween.

The best way I can explain this work of art is to provide a demo when the
time is right and let it speak for itself.

So I ask: are there any CoCo/6809/6309 assembly language programmers still
around?  :)