[Coco] New CoCo List Running

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Mon Oct 6 20:50:00 EDT 2003

Friends,

This is a resend of a previous message with a new subject heading so those
who are deleting the 'spam' discussions won't miss it. :) Also some
additional notes.

I have set up a standard mailman listserv to replace the present
coco at princeton.edu

It is coco at maltedmedia.com

It is a moderated, subscriber-only list with no advertising and no spam.

It should be gated to bit.listserv.coco shortly, but I'm not certain yet.
(It's been suggested I gate it to comp.sys.m6809 instead. Opinions solicited.)

If you want to try it, please go ahead by sending the message "subscribe"
to coco-request at maltedmedia.com  You will get a confirmation request and,
following your confirmation, a note that the request is being forwarded (to
me) for approval. Once approved, you'll get a welcome email with
information about changing/cancelling, etc.

Because the membership is confirmed and moderated, the subscription address
has to be able to receive email. And you won't get membership confirmations
when I'm asleep or otherwise away from the computer. :)

List members only can access the membership, and return addresses are
munged in the web interface. You can subscribe either to the list or the
digest.

Note: It would also be good if you could subscribe and *also* copy your
postings to both lists. That way migration will be easier.

Subscribe to coco-request at maltedmedia.com with subject 'subscribe'
Post, once subscribed, to coco at maltedmedia.com

Best to all,
Dennis