[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: gcc for OS-9 Level II

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Sat Nov 29 00:34:10 EST 2003

[bcc to the yahoo groups since I do not know if the gateway is
  bidirectional yet]

Set your news reader have an additional news server at news.gmane.org
and then subscribe to gmane.comp.hardware.tandy.coco so that you can see
past discussions on this.

http://skwirl.ca/coco/gcc.html

http://encompasserve.org/~malmberg/coco/GCC09_BUILD_NOTES.TXT.

I have made a little progress since then, but the problem is that I can
not cross compile the libgcc routine that deals with double floating
because GCC is out of registers.

It appears that a fix to this may require changing the .md, .h, and .c
files around, and I am not up to the task as there is essentially no
documentation on how to do this.

I think the short time I may change the libgcc routine that is not
building so that it does not try to compile that routine.

Right now the compiler is emitting assembler language, and I would need
an assembler to produce machine code.

Right now I am trying to get my COCO files transfered from floppy up ot
run on MESS.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network
Personal Opinion Only