[Coco] Nick's Quest

Chris Spry bugster at cedarcomm.com
Thu Nov 27 01:52:00 EST 2003

I missed this survey too.  I've been really bad lately and kind of been
falling out of touch with the CoCo Community a little bit.  A long time ago
I started on a project called MiniHog and it's in limbo right now.  The main
reason is because it got pushed really low on my priority list with the
other million things  I had going on.  One major one was getting Vintage Fun
World really going and it's taken some time but I've got it where I like it
and now can focus on a few other things.  Another is a 3D game that I've
been working on the PC that I've almost finished called Total Chaos.  That's
had priority over any other programming project.  I've also been dabbling
with microcomputers as far as building goes so I've been learning all about
that lately.  I get too many ideas and interests with no or little time to
do them.  I also had an idea for a cool RS-DOS based GUI cross my mind with
updated ECB commands, but I need to find out where and how the commands work
once transferred to RAM.  Another idea was to have a PC (such as my laptop)
linked up to the floppy controller of the CoCo via the parallel port and
write a program on the PC to emulate a CoCo floppy drive in which one click
of the mouse will change the drive or disk image.  Kind of like the one for
the Model 100, or C64HD.   Just some thoughts, but yeah a greater GUI for
OS-9 would be great.  It's one thing that's really stopping me from jumping
off RS-DOS, is OS-9's friendliness.  Oh yeah, did I mention that I started
making my own pinball machine last year and have yet to finish it?  Too many
projects too little time.  Why do I keep doing this to myself?  I hope that
one day I can find time to get back on Mini.

-Chris