[Coco] CoCo games market survey

AMODMO at aol.com AMODMO at aol.com
Wed Nov 26 21:42:00 EST 2003

I have two CoCo3 computers running (and two or three others in boxes, but
some of them may not work), both with disk drives, one single-sided vertical
drive the other double-sided horizontal drive. I have a Citizen GSX140 and a
Okidata ML92 printer, both in fairly frequent use.

I use my CoCo with the Okidata printer mainly for printing mailing labels and
disk labels. It's a 9-pin dot-matrix printer and it's as solid as a rock and
very reliable. I use the other mostly for playing music generated by George
Quellhorst's great MUSIC3+ program and for my own SONGBOOk program, which plays
music while displaying the words to a song, one verse at a time. I also use it
for printing miscellaneous documents, letters, etc. (although mostly I use my
iMac computer with H-P ink jet printer for letters because of its excellent
performance and ease of use in printing photos). The Citizen printer, a 24-pin
dot-matrix printer, does fine work when it's working correctly but it's a
little cranky.

I don't really need any new programs (I have Telewriter 128, a great word
processor, but I rarely use it).

I've never used the CoCo for games and I'm not very interested in games.

This morning I tried to streamline my old Typaline 80 (my home made Basic
word processor) program so it would use less memory and unclutter the various
screens, but I didn't get much accomplished. I still like it because it's easy to
use and always displays menus to guide you in every step of your work.
Because it's rather bulky (it was the first Basic program I wrote, back in the mid
80's) it doesn't leave a lot of memory for the text files it creates - - - a
maximum of 180 lines.

I appreciate your efforts. Dave (AMODMO at aol.com)