[Coco] CoCo Ethernet Revisited?

James Dessart dessart at istop.com
Thu Nov 20 07:26:11 EST 2003

On 16-Nov-03, at 1:35 PM, <jimcox at miba51.com> wrote:

> You might want to check it out and also look at the Contiki OS.  I
> believe it was James Dessart(?) that was porting Contiki over to the
> CoCo, but dropped it for other projects.

Well, not so much for other projects, but for lack of time for any
project.  Also, I don't see much use in Contiki except if the internet
stuff is working, and for that there needs to be a network interface.
I'd suggest the http://www.edtp.com PacketWhacker, as it's a whole lot
less expensive and supports 8-bit IO.  I have a bit of a reference
design for interfacing it to the CoCo's bus, but no real hardware
experience to be comfortable implementing it.

James