[Coco] GCC - Direct page and Double Float - Potential solution.

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Tue Nov 18 20:56:30 EST 2003

In a message dated 11/18/03 8:04:40 AM Eastern Standard Time, wb8tyw at qsl.net
writes:

> I need to find out what direct page locations that
>  BASIC does not care about if they get trashed

I don't have a list handy, but this was common knowledge back in the glory
days -- lists of "safe" data locations were published in the Rainbow, passed
around on bull boards, etc.  The "Unravelled" books probably list them.  Make
sure you allow for Extended and Disk and Super-Extended (Coco3).

BTW, ISTR that there is no advantage to putting arrays or strings in DP.
--Mike K.