[Coco] MM1 programmes

Bob Devries bdevries at gil.com.au
Sun Nov 16 01:06:00 EST 2003

Mike Knudsen said:
> But on the MM/1, you could supposedly OPEN /MIDI for reading and get the
> bytes directly.  One reason I never tried was because I didn't want to
play 500
> monkeys with a soldering iron, trying to find which of the 7 remaining
pinson
> the DB9 connector were the MIDI inputs.  And their polarities.  All this
while
> not knowing if your SW is working, or is it your HW wiring?  I just avoid
> situations like that.

I just wrote a little BASIC programme to read the /mi port. It sorta worked:

open #path,"/mi",READ
while (1) do
get #path,input
print using "H2",input
endwhile

This produced "FEFEFEFEFE......." while the synth was idle, and "C001" for a
program change; "C002", "C003" etc
And "904C5F4C00" if I pressed a note. This on a Kawai FS680.
However, after a short time, it seemed to lock up. No more input.

Regards, Bob Devries; Ipswich, Queensland, Australia