[Coco] ftp at maltedmedia?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Nov 16 00:08:00 EST 2003

On Saturday 15 November 2003 23:47, Roger Taylor wrote:
>I found a copy of ncftp on my PC today and tried it with the
> maltedmedia ftp site, and it worked great.  I downloaded a bunch of
> BASIC programs and some pictures.

If you are running X, then the absolute greatest ftp proggy has to be
gftp, by Brian Massney.  I can turn it loose on a site thats about
slashdotted, and when the site dies, it waits for a preset timeout,
disconnects, reconnects again and again till it does, and then does a
resume on the download.  Unless the site has its power plug pulled,
it WILL get that list of files you clicked on.  Bet the farm on it.