[Coco] OS9 Usergroup archive uploaded

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sat Nov 15 21:22:21 EST 2003

In a message dated 11/14/03 11:20:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bdevries at gil.com.au writes:

> Sorry 'bout that
>  but for some strange reason, LHA (v208) on my MM1 just *wouldn't* do it, so
>  I used ZIP for that instead.

I wish I had taken better notes on MM/1's LHA workings.  A couple years ago,
I moved a LOT of files from my Coco to the MM/1 (using AR, now there's an
antique), where I then busted them out and LHA'ed them to take downstairs to my
Windows and Linux PCs, both of which have an LHA (works in a DOS window under
Windows).

Recently both PC's refused to bust an archive I just made.  Definitely it has
to do with using the proper options on the MM/1 LHA job -- there are switches
for "universal" format, and "Coco", and I forget what else.

More important, I forgot (damned CRAFT virus) what options are necessary to
make the archive bust on the PCs.  Will have to experiment some more -- it is
Computer *Science* after all.

Or Bob, you can experiment.  Remember, it *can* be made to work.
--MikeK.