[Coco] Re: GCC: DFLOAT / DIRECT_PAGE

Theodore A. Evans alxevans at concentric.net
Fri Nov 14 13:24:29 EST 2003

On 11/14/03, John E. Malmberg wrote:

> It looks like I need to define some instructions to operate on a double
> float for the compiler to be happy.  I have to look up in the ANSI C
> specifications to see what the minimum size for a double is, and review
> the 6809 instruction set to see how it could be implemented.
>
> The simplest case would be if I can alias it to be the same as a float.
> I do not think I will be that lucky.

I am almost positive that the standard merely states that a double has
at least as much precision as a float, so you should be able to define
it as being exactally the same.  OTOH, in Microware C a double uses 8
bytes.

--
I'm experimenting with homosexuality, said Tom, half in earnest.
Theodore (Alex) Evans            | alxevans at concentric.net
94-1071 Kepakepa St. Unit #C-1   | http://www.concentric.net/~alxevans
Waipahu, HI 96797                | ICQ 78089262
x                                | (808) 676-0123         2B v ~2B = ?