[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Way to fix dead tapes?

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Fri Nov 14 00:20:01 EST 2003

One of these days I must write an article on tapes and the loading
thereof. Forget demagnetizers, cleanliness is the most important
factor.

Another thing is to find the azimuth screw adjustment on the
recorder, and set it for each tape to the highest sounding pitch.
Also, you need to fiddle with the volume level to get the tapes to
load. The Coco system was pretty reliable, but tapes were always an
SOB to load, esp. commercially produced tapes.

Neil