[Coco] MM1 programmes

David dbree at duo-county.com
Thu Nov 13 16:12:09 EST 2003

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 12:38:41AM -0800, Dean Leiber wrote:
> OK, The name of the extended SCF for OSK was XSCF which was available
> from ark systems but seems to now be available from  DTR Datentechnik
> Reischke in Germany
>  (http://home.t-online.de/home/dtr-kiel/). Apparently they carry all of
> ark's old stuff. They also appear to carry CDF for the MM/1 from
> hawksoft, I believe. Also they have OS9MAx, a program to read OS9 disks
> on various Windows systems and VED (yes Bob van der Poel's great editor)!
>
> I requested a price list, so when they drop it in my e-mail We can see
> what they're charging for this stuff nowadays. Interestingly they listed
> OS9Max as having a MacOS and linux version which could be interesting for
> Mac/Linux people as long as the price isn't astronomical.

I don't know how extensive it is, and I'm not sure whether it supports
reading OSK or Coco disks, or both, but Bob van der Poels has a disk
reading utility, (the source, I think).  It was written for Linux, but
it's possible that it could be compile under cygwin or MinGw to run
under Windows.  I think I dloaded it but never tried it.  This might be
a free solution to handle this aspect.