[Coco] Re: Drive speed incompatibilities

fsteeman at dds.nl fsteeman at dds.nl
Thu Nov 13 07:52:00 EST 2003

OK, thanks for that program RPM.BAS ! It was just what I was looking for and it
works perfectly! OK, I have now determined that my new drive 0 is slightly off
in speed from my old drive. In fact, my old drive 0 turns at almost 303 rpm
whereas my new drive 0 has a speed of about 299. It is not much and just in
between the 1.5% margin, but it would certainly explain why my new drive cannot
read my old floppies.

The question now is: OK now I know that the drive speeds are different, what do
I do next? Is it at all possible to adjust the drive speeds?

Cheers,

Fedor

PS: Not to criticize, but just one line that ought to be added to the RPM.BAS
program would be: 5 WIDTH 80