[Coco] Re: SuperBoard Progress

Mark Marlette mmarlett at isd.net
Tue Nov 11 05:06:01 EST 2003

At 10:59 PM 11/10/2003 -0500, you wrote:

Tim,

Yes, it will. The thought process here is this. Make a series of smaller
projects and make them 100% functional. Throw them all together and you
have the SuperBoard. If I didn't do it this way I would have had a series
of HUGE and expensive cards that didn't work. At least with the smaller
cards the system boots and you can debug them in the area of the problems.

Now not all portions of the SB will be available but the larger portions
are. The SuperIDE allowed us to do the FLASH code and hardware development.
The CPLD has the equations to allow writing to the cartridge port with a
modified CTS* decode. :) What were they thinking when they designed the
coco??? Who wouldn't want to write to the ROM area? :) Hence FLASH!

SuperIDE has a small glitch which will be resolved.... Have some orders
that need to get filled first and then to the bench to finalize this card
for production. The board only has two chips which are smaller than a
postage stamp and reside on the bottom of the board. Compact Flash type I
socket. RTC option is the 3rd IC.....

Later,

Mark
Cloud-9