[Coco] Gcc Cross compiler Win32 host - Progress.

David dbree at duo-county.com
Mon Nov 10 22:26:00 EST 2003

John,

More replies to your log.

> More fixes are needed for m6809.h.  Some of the macros have been
> made obsolete.

I've already replied to this, but I suspect that we may have to use
something else.

> I now am hitting the expected error in building libgcc.a for mode
> DF.  Not sure about how to fix that.  It appears that for some
> reason this did not get defined.

I believe this is where the libgcc.a is needed.  DF is double float, and
it isn't defined.  This could be done as an RTL, I don't know.

> At this point I copied the xgcc.gcc from the build directory to
> the /bin directory that the cygwin utilities are installed in and
> named it to gcc09.exe
>
> There was no point in doing the make for the install for just one
> image.
>
> So hopefully at this point I have a working cross compiler.

If you want to try it out, take a short test c source file (write
something if you don't have anything short), and try gcc09 -S -I
<wherever your coco headers are> testfile.c

Note that if you haven't already done that, to get it to compile, you
need to copy some of your coco headers over onto your system.  I just
made a directory coco/defs in my home directory and copied all my defs
directory into that.

You should get an .o file that you can list out and see what it's doing.

BTW, in your original post, you stated that you were limited in your
editor because of the CR-LF problem.  You can use Boisy's u2d, d2u
utilities to convert them back and forth.  One other thing.  Don't know
if this applies to cygwin or not, but mingw has two versions of make,
one for something and another for general compiles.