[Coco] OT: Variable voltage wall wart?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Nov 9 01:44:00 EST 2003

On Saturday 08 November 2003 23:23, KnudsenMJ at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 11/8/03 1:12:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>
>neilsmorr at hotpop.com writes:
>> Another place is WalMart. Look for Switch Mode - very light
>> weight.
>
>Switch Mode devices can also save you some space around the house,
> after you get rid of all your AM and shortwave radios.  You  won't
> be using them while the switching mode power supply is working.
> These work on a similar principle to light dimmers, and the result
> is the same.  --Mike K.

Thats not been a problem here Mike, and you know well that about a
kilowatt of switchmodes are at work here, 24/7/365.

They are in all modern tv, vcr's, cd & dvd players, not to mention
these two computers & the 1400 watt ups.  The only time I've had
'digital' noise problems was with one of those little clamshell cd
players with a wall wart, it will tear up an fm radio sitting next to
it with its '1 bit' convertor.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III at 500mhz 320M