[Coco] Re: Variable voltage wall wart?

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sat Nov 8 23:24:07 EST 2003

In a message dated 11/8/03 2:40:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
alxevans at concentric.net writes:

> I have two that I bought there.  They probably had them even though
>  they were clueless.

You never know about Shack Rats.   I had bought a couple of small items last
week, then remembered to ask "I'm looking for magnet wire...", being prepared
to explain to the 30-ish woman clerk what that was.  She took me right to it!
Maybe didn't know what it was for, but she knew *they had it* and *where it
was*.  And I hadn't seen her there a couple months ago, so she learned quick.

A couple months earlier, I picked out a replacement battery for a Radio Shack
cordless phone, and an alert clerk (a guy this time) stopped me from buying a
battery that was *almost* the correct one, and subbed the right one (at lower
price too!).

Luck of the draw, I suppose.  FWIW, any halfway conscious clerk should be
able to steer you to the display of wall warts.  Picking out the right one, or
the right voltage, is your job -- though it can't hurt to tell the sales person
exactly what you need.
--Mike K.