[Coco] mess build problems.

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Fri Nov 7 11:36:06 EST 2003

David wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 11:10:48PM -0500, John E. Malmberg wrote:
>
> I just did a search on my mess directory and found :
>
> $ find src/xmess/ -name "osdepend*"
> src/xmess/src/osdepend.h
> src/xmess/xmess.obj/unix.x11/osdepend.a
>
> the osdepends.a file is the one to be created.

EAGLE> search -
  project_root:[xmame...]*.*/exc=(*.dir,*.tar,*.h,*.c) osdepend

******************************
PROJECT_ROOT:[xmame.SRC.UNIX.DOC]CHANGES.UNIX;1

         - A src/unix/Makefile is provided to create osdepend.a library

Ok, what it is doing is creating an object library of all the OS
specific modules, and somewhere make is choking on it.

> execvp is a library function.  Try 'man execvp'.

excecvp corresponds to the way that a (fork();exec()) pair would be
implemented to have start off a child process.

As close to what I can determine, make tried to start the shell in a
child process and it failed because either a directory or a file was not
  found.  sh is where it is supposed to be.

Unfortunately the error message in this version of make or shell does
not identify what it was looking for that it did not find.  I can turn
on the operating system's extremely verbose diagnostics to see if that
will tell me.

Thanks,

--
-John