[Coco] 6309 microprocessor project: 11-05-2003

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Thu Nov 6 00:18:06 EST 2003

At 05:13 PM 11/5/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>6309 microprocessor project.
>
>Hello,
>
>The emulator's memory module is done.  It gets it's memory from calling the
>win32 api and is designated as read/write/execute, this is to support the
>special opcode $11FF.  The emulator memory model follows Paul Barton's NoCan
>32MB/64MB interface, but stops at 16MB.  It uses the MMU extension registers
>located at $FF80-$FF8F along with the MMU registers at $FFA0-$FFAF.
>
>It also has support for the Multi-Pak and allows you to hold up to four 32K
>ROM cartridges.  Whenever you use the front switch on the Multi-Pak you'll
>get a RESET, but you can change the active cartridge by using the software
>latch located at $FF7F.  It can tell if you have a 32K or 16K ROM cartridge
>in the slot by checking the bits MC0, MC1 located in $FF90.
>
>I'm still writing it in assembly language, so it's pretty darn fast.  Next
>it's on to the hardware module, and I'll bet it'll be a long hard slog!

Please explain again what the end program will look like and what it will
be capable of.  I've always *loved* the graphical appearance of David
Keil's emulators but the accuracy of the M.E.S.S. CoCo modes.  Being able
to use the mouse to manuever CoCo hardware/disks/peripherals has always
been on my wishlist.  :)

In fact, my IDE will eventually gain more graphical representation to make
things even more easier.  For instance, it's quicker to see a floppy disk
icon than to read the words "floppy disk", or an image of a ROM Pak would
be much more appealing than the words.

cheers