[Coco] More Burke & Burke Coco XT and Hyper I/O Help!

Hank hank at roomful.com
Tue Nov 4 16:14:01 EST 2003

Hello again fellow Coconuts!

Thanks for the help Roger,  The command is OPEN DRIVE(0-3), "/H0/(A-Z)".  I
got it by trial and error.  My problem now is that I am getting some I/O
errors on some of the virtual drives.  I would like to try to reformat my
drive before trying to replace it.  The Coco XT book says to run XTFMT.BAS
on the Coco XT disk to low level format the ST-225 Hard Drive.  The only
problem is my Coco XT floppy disk is also unreadable giving me read errors!!
Then I need to run HDFMT.BAS and MSATOOL.BAS on the Hyper IO disk.  I am
having some read error problems with the Hyper I-O disk too!  Can any of you
send me a .DSK image of the Coco XT 2.0 disk, and the Hyper I-O 2.6A disk?
I tried writing to Chris Burke, but got no answer.

Please help me get my Coco Hard Drive system back up and running!

Hank Walther