[Coco] Joey Latimer

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Wed Nov 26 03:10:00 EST 2003

I'm not sure who among us remembers Joey Latimer from the old Family
Computing magazines, but I was also a big fan because he would put CoCo
versions of his musical BASIC programs in his section.   Sometimes it would
be just some lines to replace from the PC version, but he made some very
nice music on the CoCo using the PLAY commands.

Anyway, Joey wrote me the other say out of the blue and said he would tell
me about some tricks they used back in his Family Computing days.  He
apparently came across a message of mine where I mentioned where I learned
how to simulate chords by following the notes in series real quick, or
something to that degree.   I think I mentioned his name.  Anyway, talk
about a surprise.

I looked on the web a bit and discovered that he's a musician in
California.  I couldn't find anything on the web about Family Computing.  I
have issues from 1986 and 1987 and almost every one has CoCo listings.

Does anyone remember that magazine, or Joey Latimer?

--
{Roger Taylor}