[Coco] Unix style Shell for OS/K and MM/1

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sat Nov 15 23:04:00 EST 2003

OK, I dug out the Unix-like shell.  It's called "sh", is 48 KB long, and
according to Linux's strings utility was written in C and has quite a few options.
Use the -h=N option to set the number of History command lines it will
remember.

My startup file uses
sh -luh=10 <>>>/w6

The -l means "require Logout to exit" and is equivalent to the -i "Immortal"
Microware Coco shell.

(The OS9 "dump" utility will show you the strings too, if you're patient.
You can always tell C programs by the ***STACK OVERFLOW*** message contained in
them).

One error message is "Command line too complicated" so be warned.  I've never
hit it :-)

Date is 10/27/89 and author is "ram".  It seems to handle termcap settings.
--Mike K.