[Coco] SuperBoard Progress

Mark Marlette mmarlett at isd.net
Sun Nov 9 07:00:01 EST 2003

All,

Quick update on the SuperBoard's progress.

We did have some problems with the IDE interface and we spent a great deal
of time making the hardware faster and testing it. The optimizations did
not pan out and we research and tested the heck out of it. Currently the
SuperIDE board, which is going to be on the SuperBoard as an option is in
it's final prototype turn. We also used this platform to make the
SuperBoard's Expansion bus. This to was also done on the SuperIDE project.
So even though the SuperBoard isn't completed a lot of the work is being
done. The software drivers are being tested and complete also. I have a
problem in my final prototype on this board and I'm tracking it down.
Appears to be an equation problem in the CPLD that was cured by a non turbo
mode burn on the last rev....IE: race condition.... UGHH. I'll have the 36
channel 10ns logic analyzer hooked up and trace it down and squash that
bug. Again LOTS of testing.

Pro-Tector+ which resides on the SuperBoard is also in it's final stage. I
have found one problem in the last turn of the board and still have one
minor problem. When the machine is turned on it doesn't always reset
properly. Every line is buffered on the uP socket now.

Once this is done all that will be left is to do the memory interface,
bi-dir parallel port and the SuperROM hooks which is based upon the FLASH
that is on the SuperIDE. :)

It looks awesome!!!! Need to get the web page updated to reflect this
work.....Never enough time...... :)

Take care,

Mark
Cloud-9