[Coco] mess build problems.

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Thu Nov 6 23:12:00 EST 2003

I am trying to build MESS under GNV (GNU oN VMS)
GNV provides a UNIX tool set and a BASH shell to OpenVMS.

make gets to the point:

    File `osdepend' does not exist.
    Finished prerequisites of target file `osdepend'.
   Must remake target `osdepend'.
make: execvp: sh: no such file or directory
Putting child 0x0011ac08 (osdepend) PID 0 on the chain.
Live child 0x0011ac08 (osdepend) PID 0
make: *** wait: no children.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Live child 0x0011ac08 (osdepend) PID 0
make: *** wait: no children.  Stop.
bash$

Apparently it is trying to produce an osdepends.obj, but I can not find
any source files for it, or how any source files are created for it.

The closest I can find to a source is an osdepends.h file.

Thanks,

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network
Personal Opinion Only