[Coco] Need Teac 100-2 spindle motor driver schematics

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Nov 5 14:10:00 EST 2003

Greets everyone & Marty Goodman in particular;

If anyone has a schematic for the spindle motor driver card thats
mounted on the bottom of these drives, I'd sure appreciate a copy.

Its a neat little assembly in that it needs ground, 12 volts, and a
logic signal sink to control it as it plugs into the main board on a
3 wire cable.

I've removed the motor and card (its a seperate card from the drives
main board) and have made it into a motorized powder trickler
controlled by an ir emitter/transistor combo that watches the balance
beam of my powder scale.  It actually works pretty well, usually
stopping the trickler tube within .05gr of the target setting.
Unforch, I have to shut the motor off way ahead of time because the
rig coasts about one whole revolution of the tube when it stops.

I'd like to modify the driver to put a dc braking into the motor and
stop it a lot faster but I'd need the schematic to do that
conversion.

I sure wish they'd have done the drive stepper motor the same way, I
could roboticize a lot of things, but its built into the main board.
That stepper has plenty of moxie for a lot of things.

Anyway, if someone has that, can scan it into a format (.jpg, .gif)
that I can load into gimp and print it, I'd be very gratefull.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III at 500mhz 320M