[Coco] Re: Any reason to put a 6309 in a Coco2?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Tue Dec 30 13:35:49 EST 2003

Torsten

The GIME chip is the Coco3 will not support semigraphic modes
S8, S12, or S24 of the Coco1/2. So if any games or software that
uses those modes will not necessarily work on a Coco3.

My guess is that these graphic modes are better done with the
newer high screen resolution commands that Super Extended Color
Basic has.

Yes the Coco3 is only about 99.9% backaward compatible.

james