[Coco] Republishing Magazines

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Tue Dec 30 10:10:42 EST 2003

At 06:52 PM 12/29/03 -0800, Neil Morrison wrote:
>See http://members.allstream.net/~jacjud/wkrpmusic.html about the
>music situation.

I'd forgotten about the old video vs. film licensing deals. That was before
I became an ASCAP member in 1988.

But ultimately it was all about the money. The cost of relicensing the
music is a pittance compared with the future profits to be made in
re-releasing this material. Using library music just increases the profit.
It also increases the profit in the DVD releases to come.

I have no sympathy for the producers and distributors whatsoever, but I
think I've made that clear before. :)

Dennis